There are a number of factors which make Caddick Davies the ideal option for anyone facing a motoring charge in England or Wales:
Having a driving licence revoked due to being diabetic is a difficult moment for any motorist in the UK. It can lead to increased challenges, considering the driver may be using their vehicle for their work, or to commute to work. Of course, that could impact earning potential.
So, as it would be a major inconvenience to have a driving licence revoked because of diabetes, you’ll need to involve reliable motoring solicitors if you have questions such as can you drive with diabetes?
Caddick Davies Solicitors is a team of lawyers who offer advice in the field of motoring law. Contact us if you believe you can continue to drive with diabetes.
Our solicitors at Caddick Davies will offer reliable guidance about diabetes and driving. For motorists across England and Wales who want to understand the regulations governing driving with diabetes, here are some of the important points to understand.
Can you drive with diabetes?
You may be permitted to drive with diabetes if you adhere to the recommendations as explained below:
- You must inform the DVLA if you are a driver who is diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. You can do this using the confidential medical form DIAB1. The DVLA will probably write to your GP to check if you can be allowed to continue to drive. At times, you may be needed to see a locally appointed medical specialist who will examine you and determine if you should drive.
- Group 1 licence holders (motorbike, mopeds or car drivers) who are diabetic yet on non-insulin medication may not need to inform the DVLA of being diabetic, depending on their condition. These drivers, however, must notify the DVLA if they experience two or more episodes of severe hypoglycemia in a period of 12 months.
- Please note it is required by the law for a diabetic person on insulin to test their blood glucose 30 minutes before beginning driving, followed by intervals of two hours for testing within a journey.
- You are advised that in the case of a hypoglycemic episode, you should stop the vehicle as soon as possible, switch off the engine and remove the keys from the ignition. Consume some fast-acting carbohydrate, as well as a longer-acting carbohydrate. Take a break of 45 minutes to allow blood glucose levels to go back to normal before commencing driving.
- You should know that hypoglycemic episodes, whether mild or severe, don’t have to mean a lifetime driving disqualification. For Group 2 licence holders, who drive vehicles over 7.5 tonnes (such as trucks, lorries, and coaches), you must notify the DVLA of any form of diabetes, and those who treat their diabetes with insulin need to provide meter readings for 3 consecutive months every time they apply for a Group 2 licence.
- Please note, you could have a diabetic driving licence revocation if you are on insulin and suffer two or more hypoglycemic episodes in a period of 12 months. It might take you a whole year before you can apply for diabetes and driving licence renewal. Since driving is very important to many citizens in the UK, Caddick Davies Solicitors offer help to get your licence as soon as possible. You don’t have to wait for 12 months. We can help you collect solid evidence to build a strong appeal to challenge the DVLA’s decision to revoke your diabetes driving licence.
Call us for a free initial consultation0333 443 2366
Or we can call you back at a time of your choice
Call us on 01512803346 or request a callback or email us via our website and we’ll have an expert respond swiftly. Our team will then arrange a no-obligation free initial consultation to evaluate and understand your case.
Caddick Davies Solicitors are highly qualified and experienced in helping our clients to get the best possible outcome. Our medical revocation solicitors will be able to help you with information around diabetes, medical revocation of a driving licence and driving licence renewal if your licence is ever revoked due to diabetes.
Why Caddick Davies?
Over 5,000 cases covered
Our extensive experience allows us to choose the most effective legal approach to each case
150+ 9.5 reviews on Trustpilot
We are proud to have a wealth of clients who have appreciated our services and who would recommend us to any friends or family who find themselves facing a motoring charge.
UK’s Leading Motoring Solicitors
We have a highly-effective track record in defending motoring charges, leading to no penalties, or considerably reduced penalties, being imposed on our clients.
We have been successfully representing clients in motoring courts nationwide
Contact us for a free consultation, our expert solicitors will be able to discuss your case and advise on legal options.
Make an Enquiry
Call Us on 03334 432 366 or enter your details below:
Your data is secure
Why Choose Us
- Ranked in the top 20 law firms by Trustpilot
- Nationwide Legal Coverage
- Free Consultation
- Fixed Fee Terms
- Competitive Rates
- Flexible Payment Plans
- Trusted Legal Care
- UK’s Leading Motoring Solicitors